Monday, February 17, 2014

I was hungry so I made this: Brussels & kale salad with sauteed sweet potato, asparagus & raw pepitas

This is what I eat when it's a snow day and I'm out of cheese. But if you have a hard Parmesan or an asiago or any hard white cheese- I recommend adding it because it is cheese after all. This is just what I had on hand and I was hungry for a salad. So I ate it. And it worked. And I just had to share it with you. The dressing is a shallot, Dijon mustard and red wine vinaigrette that I always have on hand because I love it so much. In the past I have made a salad of kale, Brussels, sauteed mushroom, pecans & asiago. Sauteed butternut squash (or any type of squash) would go well. Or beets. Any winter vegetable really since it's a winter salad. You can mix it up. Whatever you have in your fridge or pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment