Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Wheatberry Salad aka "Alpha Omega Salad"

 I love this salad. It's my number one go-to. Whenever I'm feeling fat/crappy/not healthy, I make a HUGE batch and it's gone within a day or two. It seems to make feel better. Maybe it's the rainbow of ingredients. Or the fact that there's nothing "bad" in it. I don't know but whatever it is, I recommend it. I based the ingredients from a salad I once bought from my local health food store. It was totally bland, needing more flavor so I switched some ingredients around to make it better my own. Needless to say, I never bought it again.

You can add as much or as little of each item. No rules here.

Copycat Alpha Omega Wheatberry Salad

Wheat berries (or spelt, farro etc)
Carrots
Bell pepper
Red onion
Edamame
Parsley
 Dried Cranberries
Garlic
Lemon Juice
Red Wine Vinegar
Olive Oil
S&P


No comments:

Post a Comment