Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Stuck in the beginning with you...

 I was looking for a new needlepoint project and happen to find this embroidery pillow kit at the local thrift store for $8 (it was half off day, so really $4!) "What a deal" I thought. But then I opened it up, and the directions were in Greek! Well, not exactly. What I discovered is that I have no clue as how to make all these different stitches, as I've only been doing one type of stitch. In this kit there's the 'French knot', the 'straight stitch', you got your 'chain stitch', then the 'long & short stitch.' Ugh. I could go on. The black and white directions are of no help (drawings, I should say.) Anything on-line is waaaaay confusing to me and most of the books out there are not in color, which might as well be in braille, in my opinion.

Does anyone have a great book IN COLOR that they can recommend? Or a website?

I am stuck.

         

No comments:

Post a Comment