Thursday, July 31, 2014

Easy Pumpkin (Chocolate Chip) Muffins

Not the cutest picture, but you get the idea...
I got up early and baked muffins. There's a first time for everything. Okay, I didn't get up early intending on baking muffins- I got up early to drive my husband to the airport and I opted not to go back to sleep. But that's still a big step for me. Plus I am starting to really love muffins. But I only love them when they aren't filled with crap and calories like all the store bought brands. And there's no bakery in sight, which is totally weird for the sleepy grandma town that I live in. So I am making them instead. And no one can stop me. 

Easy Pumpkin (Chocolate Chip) Muffins
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
1 egg
chocolate chips (optional)  

Mix all ingredients until batter is just lumpy.
 Sprinkle 1/4 tsp sugar on each muffin just before baking to create a crust (optional).

Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 mins. Makes 12 muffins.
 
Rudy's interested

No comments:

Post a Comment